As a receptionist this individual is the first point of contact for the company to provide administrative support across the organization. This involves handling the flow of people through the business and ensures that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. The receptionist reports to the VP of Relationship Banking or Relationship Banking Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
· Answering, screening and forwarding any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed. Such as: company address, directions to each location, company fax numbers, email addresses, company website knowledge and other related information
· Receiving and sorting daily mail/deliveries/couriers
· Work returned mail
· Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access
· Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
· Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Assisting Relationship Bankers as needed
· Work various daily and weekly reports for the VP of Relationship Banking or Relationship Banking Manager
· Serves as backup to the electronic banking team with online banking assistance and debit card issues
· Communication proficiency
· Collaboration skills
· Customer focus
· Technical capacity
· Team oriented
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines, email, electronic calendars, scanning devices, and 10-key calculator and currency and coin machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, squat, walk, and sit: use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad and reach with hands and arms. This job also requires the employee to occasionally lift at least 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work typically are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position may require occasional evening and weekend work as needed. This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime for hours worked in excess of 40 per week under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
It is preferred to have experience of office handling responsibilities and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Professional appearance, and solid communication skills - both written and verbal are also preferred.
This description is intended to be generic in nature and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled